BASCO Boat Guru® Digital Boat Brokerage & Marketplace
The 3 steps to sell your boat 33% faster and at half the costs. 1. Register & upload your boat 2. Pick your package 3. Meet your digital boat broker
We at BASCO Pte Ltd take our responsibilities under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously.
1. Your Personal Data
Examples of Personal Data that you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- Your name, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our website.
2. Collection of Personal Data
Generally, BASCO collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you submit forms relating to any of our products or services;
- When you register for or use any of our services on our website
- When you interact with our live chat operators
- When you use some of our services, e.g. Ask a BASCO Adviser
- When you establish any online accounts with us, e.g. membership account
- When you request that we contact you;
- When you respond to our promotions and other initiatives;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, BASCO collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To process your application for Membership Subscription and Technical Services
- To maintain your account with us;
- To verify and process your personal particulars and payments in relation to provision of Membership Subscription and Technical Services
- To provide you with the goods and services which you have signed up for, such as events, consultation and any other services
- Responding to requests and enquiries;
- Providing any services, products and benefits to you
- Sending you details of products, services, special offers and discounts, which may be of interest to you
- If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s), BASCO may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including voice calls, sms, or other means) with information about our products and services
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
BASCO takes reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, this Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following third parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- Vendors or any third party service providers who provide goods and services to maintain your boat
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties;
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data
- To improve your user experience on this website;
- To remember your preferences;
- To help us understand how this website is performing;
- To monitor traffic to the website;
- To enable this website to function properly
6. Links to Third-Party Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties, such as our business partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party websites.
Once you have left our website, you should check the applicable terms, conditions and policies of the third party website to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
7. Withdrawal, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to the Contact Us form on our website.
We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us.
8. Updates on Data Protection Policy
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing and amending our policies, procedures and processes from time to time. You are encouraged to visit the above website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
9. Governing Law